The Ocean Export Supervisor is responsible of managing the team and our client’s ocean export operations. While ensuring operational efficiency, the supervisor maintains high productivity and customer satisfaction. The responsibilities also entail the communication with carriers, to obtain the most competitive rates for our clients.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Manage team and efficiency of operations
- Provide training, manage performance reviews personnel development
- Provide high quality customer service, build and maintain positive relationships with customers / carriers
- Manage and follow ocean export files, initiate bookings with steamship lines
- Work with the sales team when required in order to support the quotation process
- Correspond with customers, vendors and overseas offices when required
- All related tasks
Required skills and experience:
- Very good experience in ocean export operations and team management
- Over ten years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry
- Bilingual (fluent in both languages, good communicator, verbal and written skills)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, persistent and self-motivated
- Problem solving, good judgement
- Client oriented, ability to respond to clients needs
- Ability to build strong business relationships with people at all levels of a business (team player)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage direct reports in a fast-paced environment.
College degree in business administration, commerce or others related to the freight forwarding industry or certifications will be considered an asset.
What we offer
- Beautiful office space located in old Montreal, close to the metro (Place d’Armes and OACI-Square Victoria)
- Dynamic work environment
- Group insurance (medical, dental, life disability and others)
- RRSP – Group
- Personal days (5 per year)
- Social activities (happy hours, events and activities)
- Gym membership
- Professional development opportunities
Type of employment: full time
This position if for our Montreal office
Use the form on the right to apply for this position.